Monday, January 12, 2009

Over the Rockies

Two older Jewish ladies were seated together on a flight over the Rocky Mountains when the pilot keyed the intercom and reported: "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't want to alarm you, but we have lost one of our four engines. The plane is designed to operate just fine on three engines and we will continue on to our destination." After another few minutes the pilot came on again: "Ladies and gentlemen, again not to alarm you we have lost another engine and in this case we will divert to a closer
destination which we will reach without difficulty."

People were already on edge when the pilot reported the loss of the third engine: "Ladies and gentlemen, the situation is considerably worse with the loss of the third engine. We are going to have to attempt a landing in these mountains and it does not look good. My best suggestion would be to pray."

At this point one of the Jewish ladies looked at the other and said: "You know, it has been so long since I have been to temple that I don't remember how to pray." "Me either," replied her neighbor. After a few minutes one of them turns and says: "I have an idea. I live near a Catholic church and walk my dog past there frequently. I have heard them praying. I figure if we pray like they do we should be okay?" Couldn't hurt!" said her neighbor.

The one leading the prayer said: "Bow your head and repeat after me ...... Under the B sixteen, under the I thirty-two, under the N ......"

No comments:

Post a Comment